8 things you (probably) didn't know about Jane Austen
The Jane Austen Detectives came across an interesting article by BBC History Extra, Emma Mason outlines eight interesting facts about Jane Austen. We have to admit, even though we are Jane Austen fanatics, there was probably one fact that may have alluded us. Have a read below, how many facts did you know?
8 things you (probably) didn’t know about Jane Austen
Jane Austen, a parson’s daughter who grew up in quiet rural Hampshire in the 18th century and became a famous and much-loved English novelist. Now, a new book tells Jane’s story in the words of the people who knew her.
1) Jane Austen’s life was saved by her cousin
2) Jane Austen had a little-known brother
3) Jane Austen was partial to a Bath bun
4) Jane had a seaside romance
5) Jane Austen was renowned for her manual dexterity
6) Jane Austen thought of her novels as children
7) Emma was dedicated to the Prince Regent, even though Jane Austen disliked him
8) There is no mention on Jane Austen’s gravestone that she was an author
Blog TagsBooks, Theatre Reviews, Films, Interviews, Book Reviews, Theatre Shows, Latest News, History, Food and Beverages, Writers, Tours, The Knight family cookbook, Jane Austen Video, An Experimental Cook